Title: MAN-opause
Author: Brian and Anna Maria Clement
Publisher: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers
Release Date: February 15, 2020
Pages: 248
Book Source: NetGalley

“This book is a man’s education manual about the health effects of hormone imbalance, but just as importantly, it’s a must-read for the women in their life, since it is often the women who inspire and coax men to break through their denial and seek help when they encounter health challenges.
_ _
That cluster of mid-life hormonal declines is a significant life challenge which all men will eventually face, yet very few of them even realize the condition exists, much less that the vexing symptoms they experience can be remedied.
_ _
Male menopause (MAN-opause) is a little reported and little understood phenomenon causing irritability, anger, depression, fatigue, weight gain, sexual dysfunction. It is affecting men at younger ages and for far longer in life than ever before. Science has confirmed this emerging phenomenon.
_ _
Using the latest medical science findings, MAN-opause explains in understandable language how any man—with or without a woman’s participation–can take proactive steps, at any stage of life, to neutralize the impact of andropause and its wide range of debilitating and disturbing symptoms.” – Amazon

Kim’s Review

This book started out like an infomercial. You too can get Manopause. What are the symptoms of Manopause. Buy this book so you know more about Manopause.

Chances are if you are reading this book, it’s because you believe manopause aka andropause, is a thing. You probably didn’t get this book because you’ve never heard of it before, so you don’t need 20 plus pages trying to convince you it’s real.

And there was so many scientific studies and articles referenced, which is good in a way because I believe in science, but when you find yourself skimming after reading 10 pages of them, that’s not a good thing. I’m sure there are people out there that really enjoy reading every single study, and if they do, they are in luck because the last 25% cites all the studies so you can delve deeper into the research.

And finally, the actual self-help information. All of it is good, once you get past the 25 percent that suggests Testosterone Replacement Therapy for almost every single symptom. So that leaves you with 75 percent of information, 65 percent of which can be applied to everything. Exercise, Drink Water, Meditate, Yoga, Don’t Eat Processed Foods, and Take Various Vitamins. The last 10 percent may be things you’ve never heard of, like Ashwagandha, but if you’ve been doing any research on andropause, then you probably have.

I’m giving it three stars because all the information is in one place and you don’t have to search all over the internet for it. But to me it’s just not worth it to purchase.

Disclosure: Some of the links we use are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This